Evaluation of NRC's Headquarters Operations Center Staffing
Develop and document a HOO workforce plan that defines the mission needs, workload, and skills and competencies of the HOO workforce to support achievement of program results.
Develop office guidance to conduct periodic assessment of the HOC (Headquarters Operations Center), to include staffing. Guidance should define
• Periodicity or triggering event for assessment.
• Stakeholders to be involved.
• Areas to be assessed.
Develop and implement a set of procedures to support human capital management and succession in the HOC, including
• Completed documentation of resource sharing with regions.
• Expedited hiring process for HOO positions.
• Backup pool of qualified HEROs and/or former HOOs.
• Formalize current communications initiatives and methods.